Monday, June 30, 2008

Welcome

Hi, my name is Krista, and I am a seventeen year old young adult living in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

What's this blog about, you may ask?
Well, it's basically about life and everything in it from the perspective of a female young adult.

Why do I keep referring to myself as a young adult rather than a teenager?
First of all, most adults have very negative connotations around the word "teenager". Many adults see teenagers for what their preconceived notions of them are and thus immediately ignore what they have to say.
Secondly, for myself, teenagers are still kids. Granted, legally I am still a child at 17, but here's how I see it. I leave for college in the fall. I turn 18 in November. Pretty soon, society is going to start expecting me to be an adult and live my life as if I was. How I see life is that of a person who is about to enter adulthood and realize all that it entails. This being said, I see myself leaving the joys of adolescence and having to reach the trials of adulthood. Still, I am only 17, so I am a young adult. There you have it.

Alright, so two big questions that I had to answer right there. Simple, easy enough to explain. I like it. Well, there you have it. This is my blog, and I am writing about life and the trials of it from a woman's perspective, a woman about to enter adulthood and see what growing up is really like in these modern times. Maybe you're reading this because you yourself are growing up and it's nice to know that you aren't the only one dealing with problems. Maybe you're just reading this for kicks because you remember what it was like growing up. Maybe you're reading because someone you know is going through this or because in a few years, you have to. Or maybe you're reading this because your kid is growing up and you have no idea what to expect. Anyway, no matter why you're here, I'm just glad to have you around. It really means a lot that you are reading this.

I will do my utmost best to post as close to every day as I can. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this as much as I will enjoy writing it. I'll see you around!! =]

No comments: