Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bridesmaid Tales

You know, I am not the most knowledgeable individual when it comes to weddings and bridesmaids and duties and such. I haven't been to many weddings, and in the ones I have gone to I have never had more of a duty than to just go and support the bride and groom. Well, one of my best friends is getting married in January and I am a bridesmaid. I'm stoked, don't get me wrong, but let's just say that until she asked I didn't even know that bridesmaids did anything other than look pretty on the wedding day and be at all wedding-related functions. Who knew that they help plan bridal showers (which I never knew existed), plan the bachelorette party, and help the bride with everything? Not me, that's for sure. And she told me that the MOH (Maid of Honor) isn't planning any bridal showers and she needs about three. So I was kind of thinking of helping her out and planning them myself, but I have no idea how to do it, where to get started or anything like that. I've read that you can enlist the help of the other bridesmaids as well, which I might do. Only two of them are here with me, though. The MOH is back in Lish's hometown, one is in Cruces, and the other one is in Raton. Oi. Anyway, I want to do a good job and make up for last semester being a crappy friend. I guess I'll figure this out one way or another.

No comments: