Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Results

So, if you paid attention, you probably noticed that my birthday was the day before election day, and I turned 18, so the bigger question is did I vote? Well, I did =] In truth, the only way I could vote was by absentee ballot because you need a voter registration card otherwise. Issue there is that they can't send it to you until you're actually 18 so I won't get mine until next week. But yes, I voted, and I am an avid Obama supporter. Plus, he won. It didn't help that I live in one of the most right-winged sides of the state right now, so when I went running around, cheering at the top of my lungs because Obama won, there was a voice in the back of my head telling me to tone it down so that I wouldn't die in my sleep. Oh well. So yes, I voted. First person I voted for ever was Barrack Obama, and he is our next president. Just say that out loud for a moment, President Obama. Doesn't that sound amazing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it sounds amazing!!! We live in a very right wing neighborhood. We actually have about 15 or so McCain signs laying down in our front yard. Long story. I wouldn't let My kids put them up. A few weeks ago Our son's friend had borrowed all the signs he cld find and put them all in our yard.

Anyone who came by and asked for a sign we said sure take one.

Another person came by and asked why so many signs? My hubby answered just right--Wife and I can't decide. NOT! I have always been a democrat he is the republican in the family. His whole family is very military. Not I.

When My son called his friend to come get the signs---they left behind the McCain signs. I scolded my son and said BUT I wanted an Obama sign?! Oops sorry mom.

I voted early yesterday--No lines--YEAH! Go Obama!