Saturday, November 8, 2008

Personality

I have a question to you who take the time out of your busy lives to read this blog. Is it wrong to be true to yourself? On face value, I'd say no. But then you have to look a bit closer. What if who you really are isn't who people think? What if who you really are is, to put it nicely, very unfriendly? Society teaches us to be true to ourselves, but we're also taught that there is the ideal person that we all should strive to be. I've been that person my whole life, but what if who I really am is the complete opposite? Would it still be correct to be true to myself, or should I keep who I really am under the highest security lock-down my mind can create? Who I am is not what others want me to be, in fact, it's the exact opposite. On face value, I should say, "To hell with you!!" and move on with my life being who I am and never taking a moment to think about what others think of me, let alone what they want me to be. But if who I really am is a "monster" (at least, as seen my the whole of society), should I really do that, or should I keep on the path that was set before me by the world as a whole? It's a question I've been thinking of. While I think the outcome is unavoidable, I thought I'd pose the question to you. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I am soooo behind :( I will answer your ? in a minute. How are you doing? How was your dad's concert :) Was it as successful as he thought it would be? Knowing that he is very talented I bet it was.

Answer to your? I believe you already know the answer to your ? in your heart. Of course you should be true to yourself. In fact only YOU need to live with yourself and your decisions.

I honestly don't think you could be mean without apologizing in the end for you actions anyway. Just keep telling yourself that you are great whole perfect and complete. Keep safe and remember that only you have to live with that person in the mirror.....Not me, not your parents or even your sister.

Have a safe trip back to school.
Mrs T

Lynsie said...

i think that if you need to be true to yourself to an extent. society is very good about controlling people and if they consider you a "monster" then they'll do something about it. i think that you need to know who you are, whats best for you and then make decisions off of that. as long as they somewhat comply with the law. i mean you can't go around killing people or anything like that. but if you don't want anything to do with anyone and are a bitch to everyone because that's truly who you are then thats fine with me. because thats the way you are. but when it gets into serious stuff like killing, stealing, having sex with everything that moves, and such then you need to start controlling it more. but not surpress, just control.