This weekend I went on a caravan and let me review some simple rules that I've decided are important for driving in a large group:
1. Always stop at red lights.
2. Construction zones mean drive slowly.
3. If I'm having to drive 100 mph to catch up to you, you're driving too fast.
4. Use cruise control; it's your best friend.
5. Don't tailgate the people you're following. If something happens to whoever is in front, all of you will be screwed.
6. Speed limits are not suggestions, so follow them.
7. When you are approaching a light, make sure there's enough time not only for yourself to go through but for the rest of the cars to go through.
8. When turning at an intersection, don't turn unless the other five cars behind you have time to turn, too.
9. Don't stop in the middle of the highway.
10. If the group gets split up, be very clear about how you're going to find each other again.