Monday, March 23, 2009

Relationships

I know, I'm talking about them again. But this time, it's not about mine.

So I'm growing up. Obviously. I'm eighteen. I'm in college. I have a lot of friends who are older than me. But something I'm not used to is the idea of marriage.

Individuals that I've met in college who are in their twenties, yes, I can understand the marriage factor. I've got plenty of those. It's not weird to me. I came back from break in January to learn that two of my Zeta sisters got engaged. Not that bad. But it's weird when the people I've known for a while are doing it.

I found out a couple days ago that one of my best friend's best friends got married last week. That was a shock. Crazy story to accompany that one but still. So now he's married. That was surprising.

On Saturday, one of my friends from high school that I've been friends with a minimum of four years got engaged. Holy Crap!!! Last time I checked, she was living in Paris far from here and no relationship whatsoever. Now she's engaged. I'm shocked.

But that's part of growing up, isn't it? First all the friends get into relationships (which was the weird thing I had to get used to last year and the year before). Now they're starting to get engaged. Eventually it'll be the marriages and then kids. Oi. We're getting old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krista didn't you know its that time of year? As I recall I went home from college for spring break and my long time friend Long time friend we had been dating for 5 years pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him. At first i thought well its ABOUT TIME?! Then I looked into his eyes and said yes its beautiful. Yes I want to be your wife. I had tried the engagement thing 6 years before when i was younger and broke it off because it didn't feel right. This time i knew deep in my soul if you believe in that sort of thing that it was right. This is our 25th year together and I am thinking YEAH! Oh YEAH! I made the right choice. I still love this guy. I really LOVE HIM! Especially when he is silly and one could say stupid. I LOVE HIM! I LOVE HIM!

When things start to get rough I look at Alan Alda who has been married 50 years. 50 years? yeah....50. I can't wait until this Summer when we wil be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with friends we haven't seen in 20 years. It will be fun and I am so excited!
Have an awesome day----I am glad you are so excited :) Keep safe and have a F*cking spring :)
Mrs T