Sunday, May 3, 2009

One Week

That's all that's left of time spent in actual classes. And then I have a week of finals. Not bad. I'm so ready for the semester to be over. But on Thursday evening I had something that isn't necessarily unusual, it's just that it was more unexpected. I was stressed out about life, Zeta, school, and just everything in general (for the most part at least) and then a sudden moment of clarity hit me. All of a sudden I felt very calm and certain that this semester would end just fine. And I wasn't worried anymore. Everything just sort of fell into place mentally and it was sort of like a moment where it was like, "Why am I worrying? Everything's going to be fine." It was nice. And now I'm not stressed at all. I just feel like everything will work out. Maybe it's a dellusion that I've put myself under as a means of keeping my mental sanity, but who knows? Maybe it's my body telling me to chill the **** out because I'm worrying over nothing. I hope that's the case.

Life has slowed down substantially and I'm ecstatic. No, it's not entirely stress free, but there's no new stresses (for the most part). Now, it's just watching the ridiculously long list of stress factors diminishing at a fairly steady pace. There's so much less to worry about. Plus, nothing school related can add much of anything new to my stress list. So all I have to do is tough it out for the next week and then it's pretty much over. I feel so much better.

No comments: