Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pets

You know, there is some reason for why it is that I don't have pets right now aside from the minor detail that the house I live in won't allow them. It's because they're so much work! Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but I'm way too self absorbed to be able to properly care for another creature other than myself. Although I guess that's why I don't want a kid either, because it would be having to worry about something more than myself and right now it's hard enough to take care of me. So I want to get my shit together first.

Alright, so it's kind of a random subject, but I'm taking care of my boyfriend's mom's new puppy and it's a crazy little thing! Doesn't help that my boyfriend has a jealous kitten who doesn't like the attention the puppy gets. Anyway, both are adorable, but it's still a good reminder of why I don't have pets. The cat isn't so bad, but the dog is an attention whore. But then again, aren't all dogs? So I plan to get a cat to keep me company on those lonely nights when I have no one but the cat and myself for company. And they are awesome. Crazy, yes, but I still love them. It's just that dogs need so much more love then I can give them. Thus, no dogs for me. At least, not for a while. And same with kids. No babies until my life is under control.

No comments: