Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Roommate Conclusion

So today I found out that my roommate has decided that she does want to move in with Nicole, that their room request was approved, and she will be completely moved out of my room by Sunday. This will be fun. I'm noticing that I'm more sad than I thought I would be. I guess because I didn't find out from her, I found out from my friend Kim first and then I found out from her. It wasn't much of a time span difference, but still. I guess it makes me sad. And that my room is going to be lonely.

I'm trying to look at the positive side. I get to move the furniture however I want. My room will be quiet. People will only be in there when I want them to. I can focus without distraction. I don't have to worry about keeping someone up and I can go to sleep whenever. But I'm still sad.

I guess it's going to be a bit lonely. That feeling like someone's always there, knowing that you are going home to someone. Having a person who's there at any time of day. I know my roommate and I were not that close, but still, it's a sense of companionship that I won't have anymore. It's sad. And when I get a new roommate, I'm going to have to go back to that whole awkward time where you are living with someone you don't know. Uhg.

2 comments:

Lynsie said...

i'm sorry krista :(
i send my love
and that'll fill the room up :)
tee hee or at least attempt to

Anonymous said...

One thing you can count on in life is CHANGE! It is all about change. I know this sucks but look at it this way now you have opened a door...It will be interesting to see who comes in...It could be bad but better yet it WILL be GREAT!

I remember when I was a freshman in college---I started at only 17 and chose a college that was a good 8 hours away...run by nuns :(

Parents were happy because no men allowed on campus and the church told them I would be safe.

My roommate was gorgeous and from Colombia--she was also of the popular sort. Me not so much.

The cool thing was that me and Elida made it through the year and the next year I was able to room with a new friend. We actually roomed together for the next couple of years before I left college my Senior year to dance and travel around the world.

Krista keep breathing...It is all going to work out you'll see. It might have figured itself out all ready. Heck you are gorgeous and are just a really sweet gal.

Have a great day. Glenn, K&K and I are currently hosting some Up With People Cast members. One girl is from North Dakota and the other girl is from Germany. Her English is primary at best but they are both very sweet.

The WHOLE HOUSE had to get up and going at 5 this morning...Glenn had a 6AM shift, K&K started school at 7 and the interns were picked up at 7 also.

So much business this morning by 7AM. Have an awesome day my dear friend :)

Mrs T