Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just . . . Life...

So an update on life. My most insane week for the year was this past week. It went something like this:

Monday

Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, and English classes

In the afternoon: Meet Zeta's for dinner, have a two hour meeting after

Tuesday

Chemistry Lab

CROWN party that night, followed by a Student Senate meeting.

Wednesday

Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, and English classes

Another CROWN party

Need to write a Succession Paper for Biology Lab

Thursday

Biology Lab

Mixer with the Sigma Chis and a Community Service project at the local senior center

Study for Psychology and Biology Tests

Friday

Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, and English classes

Psychology and Biology Tests

Essay for English due

Drive to Las Vegas, NM with Kim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the thing that I knew with these tests.

1. I knew I needed to study all week, not just the night before.
2. In both Psych and Bio, there are only four tests the whole semester, so if I failed one it'd be more than just a big deal.
3. With all my classes and everything going on with Zeta, I'd have almost no time to study unless I planned on not sleeping, which is a no-go.

So, I didn't do Zeta stuff on Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday I was typing so much to help me study that it felt like I just slammed a hammer repeatedly into my fingers. And I was crazy stressed out.

Yesterday I learned that I got an 82% on my Biology test, which is a high B by my teacher's grading scale. I won't find out how I did on my Psychology test until tomorrow. I'm hoping for a B.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New on life.

Have you been paying attention to what's been going on with the economy? It's looking like we're about to hit up a world-wide depression. Yes, depression. I don't care if no one wants to talk about it, but that's what it is. Screw this "recession" bullshit, it's a depression. Get used to it.

So we're about to fall into this world-wide depression. What does that mean for me? I mean, I know that the world economies will be hit, but I want to know how this is going to affect me, an average college student in America. If I'm going to be living through this, it'd be nice to have any kind of idea on how it's going to affect me. I know what happened during The Great Depression, but I want to know how this will affect not only me but your average American on the street as well. What's going to happen to us? What's going to happen to the country? What's going to happen as a whole? I know no one knows the answers to these questions, we'll only know as time plays out. But still, it's got me a little worried.

Anyway, that's what's on my mind. I'm not freaking out over it, but I am a little worried as to how this is going to come back to me, my friends, and my family.

1 comment:

Lynsie said...

i've had one of those weeks.
but hey at least its over right?
lol