Monday, September 1, 2008

First Weekend Home

So, obviously by the title, I went home this past Labor Day weekend. Reason being that I was going to get a new phone and my sister's birthday is on the 31st. So I went home.

It was weird when I left. I felt like I was leaving a part of my soul behind. It made me sad. Still, I was excited to be on the road, so I didn't complain.

I met up with my parents and we chillaxed together on the way home. We all started sharing stories and I told a bunch of my great college stories. It was fun, minus the fact that all four of us were talking at the same time, talking louder and louder trying to be heard by no one who was actually paying attention.

The next day was alright; I continued on like I was still at school. By the afternoon however, I had started to fall by into the same pattern that I'd been living my life in for the past three months. It was weird. As I was going to sleep, it felt like my two weeks at school had been nothing more than a dream of a perfect life that I could never, ever have, and that I was stuck in a place I would never be free from.

Sunday wasn't bad, but it was hard. By the end of the day, I was so frustrated with everything that I was even considering just leaving. However, I couldn't really do that because I'd feel too guilty and because I was giving Kim a ride home the next day. Anyway, it wasn't a great day. Basically, I think it was just that it felt SOmuch like my life when it sucked that I wanted to get away more than anything else, to be reminded that the last two weeks actually happened.

Anyway, today I came home. It was good, but I wasn't all for the driving for five hours. Don't get me wrong, I love driving, it's just that I was really tired is all. Doesn't help that the landscape only gets duller the longer you're driving. Even while I was driving, it still felt like I'd show up and nothing would be here to ever prove that the source of all my happiness would exist. Still, once I got here, it didn't really change.

I got back to school this afternoon and it felt as if I had merely fallen asleep again and I just picked up on my dream where I had left off. It was weird. It still feels a bit surreal. I've got everything I brought all put away and I'm already starting to get back into the swing of things, but I still feel like I'm going to wake up any moment in my bed in a hell I'll never escape. It's weird.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as Calgary Baptist Church---you do have a VERY STRONG FAITH. Remember to 'be the change you want to see' and to 'treat others the way you want to be treated.' It will work itself out. 'The words you think by are the words you live by' and if it isn't working out write a new end to the story. Have an awesome day my dear friend Mrs T

Lynsie said...

what was sucking the life from you?
what was going on?
i'm sorry you don't like it up here.
i'll try to visit you down there if ya want cuz i miss ya mucho. love you

Unknown said...

I kiss you, and I feel like your hell has been added to mine, not to mention the fact that mom and dad were fighting today, which made me feel like the sole tie and mediator. Not to mention I'm ungodly bored and that dance team is sucking more and more... I hope you've started to feel better, and I'm sorry that my birthday was such a bad day for you.