Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's a Big Move


I, like so many others before me, have gone Greek. I joined the sisterhood of Zeta Tau Alpha last night. No, my new sisters are not anything like the stereotypes.

Yeah, I was hesitant to join. I knew that the bond of friendship that exists in a sorority is something that I would like, but if it came with being profiled around campus as being "easy", if I had to go to parties and drink, if I had to go through "hazing" to be accepted, then going Greek was something I wouldn't do. Still, I knew that everything I heard was stereotypes of all Greeks, so I knew that I had to get to know them personally before I could ever judge them. With that being said, I decided to go through formal recruitment. For the last three days I went to six different parties, or rather, three individual parties for both the sororities here, Chi Omega and Zeta Tau Alpha.

I was skeptical at first but the more time that I spent thinking about it and the more time I spent with all the individuals, I came to realize that the groups were filled with amazing women and by the last two hours of time I had to sit and think last night about which group I would join, I was torn between both. In the end, I went with ZTA.

The Zetas are AMAZING. I know that the bond I'm going to be having with them is going to be one I will never forget. My pledge class is really cool, too, and I know that we're all going to be part of this really amazing group.

2 comments:

Lynsie said...

thats awesome i'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh to be college age again!!! Have a great time and congratulations :)

Keep safe and have a blast!
Mrs T