Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Leaving for College

So I just had a huge shock yesterday. I realized that I leave for college in about six weeks. SIX WEEKS!!! I thought I had more time than that...
Here's why I'm freaking out:

1) I have to pack.

2) I know they have a list of what to pack...but I still don't know what all I should pack or when I should start.

3) I don't know how big my room is or what kind of furniture I'll have so I don't know how much I should bring.

4) I don't have a dorm assignment yet...I hope they get that to me soon.

5) I'm moving in a week before everyone else because of dance.

6) The day I move in is my sister's first day of school.

7) I'm not ready to move yet!

Six weeks is almost no time at all. I'm so painfully excited to be going to school, but I'm so nervous at the same time. I want to go, I totally do, but I'm scared to be on my own. I know no one at this school (except for the people that I sort of met on the spirit squad at tryouts about three months ago). It's small, but I'm a nervous wreck. I'm so excited that I could run around the world and back, but the nerves at how close this is are starting to get to me.

I get to study in the greatest field EVER. Forensic Biology. How many schools actually have a degree program in forensics? 20? It's not that many. I get to learn more about this kick ass subject. I get to leave home. I get the freedom to do what I want. I'll turn 18 while I'm there. I'm going to meet new people. I'm on dance team. I am going to have a blast. All of this is why I can't wait to go.

I'm nervous as hell. I'm going to be living alone. I don't have anyone there to sit there and parent me because *news flash* I'm going to be an adult. I'm going to a school full of adults with a bunch of hormonal people who are all excited about being away from home for the first time and take a look at their brand new freedom!! Not excited about that. Still, I'm going to a small school, so maybe it won't be as bad. Really, how much trouble can you get in to in Portales, New Mexico? My assumption is not too much. I mean honestly, what is there to do? Cow tipping? lol. Still, I'm nervous about being on my own and not knowing anyone. And the fact that it's so soon.

I guess right now I need to really focus on what I want to do with my last six weeks of life in Albuquerque. Oh boy.

No comments: