Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stress

Well, I am leaving for school in about a week and a half. I'm actually starting to freak out a little bit. I'm going to school four hours away from home. I've been far from home multiple times. Hell, I went to Australia and New Zealand for three weeks when I was 15 without the accompaniment of my parents. I've been to nationals three times for dance (twice in Vegas, once in Orlando). I've been to dance and church camp for about a week each (dance three times, church twice). All of this started after my sixth grade year. So yes, I am used to being away from home, but this is the first time where it's more of a permanence. My parents are just a phone call away, but I'm about to turn 18 and I'm living else-where. I don't have coaches or leaders or advisers following me everywhere monitoring my time 24/7 this time. It's all me. I have to be an adult. And I am scared shitless.

No comments: