Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of the Year

So, it's the last day of the year, in almost the last 30 minutes, and so I guess I find myself wanting to do a reflection on this past year. The best word to describe it: Fuck.

There was a bunch of crazy hospital visits, crazy stories with my roommate, weird classes, summer love, drama, drinking, smoking, partying, friends, engagements, weddings, moving, surgery, and wwaaay too much drama. Damn. I have had three boyfriends this year, none of which were recurring thank god. I've read a lot of good books. I had experiences I never thought I would. I failed my first class. I did a lot of stuff I never saw myself doing ever. It's been interesting.

So how do I feel about this year? I'm more grateful than anything else because it's finally over. And I thought 2006 was an interesting year... I guess 2009 kicks that one's ass. I'm looking at 2010 as a time to start over. I'm going to use it as a moment where I can hit the reset button and start over. It's a new semester. I'm already talking to different people. A lot of the people who were causing a bunch of issues for me last semester aren't around anymore. I have a boyfriend. I have new classes and a much calmer schedule. So I'm hoping that this will be different. I don't want to deal with the same shit I did. I'm ready to start over. And I have some pretty fantastic people who are going to be there with me when I do. I'm ready for this new beginning. If only Chris was here, now... Fuck I miss him so bad...

No comments: