Saturday, December 19, 2009

Reactions

You know, I was a little hesitant to post my last post because I knew that some of the reactions I'd get for doing a post like that would be people freaking out that I'm suicidal. But honestly, I'm not. All that happened was I read a book where suicide was the main theme. I know that a lot of people don't know a lot about it or how to deal with people who are suicidal, so I figured I would use my past experiences and personal knowledge on it to share with others who don't know as much as I do.

I'm not suicidal. Have I been in the past? Yes. Am I now? No. That's in my past. I have grown as a person beyond that point where I started to think that was my only way out. And no, it wasn't easy. It never is. But let me tell you, after having been there, I fight very hard to avoid going back there. It sucks and I hate it. So I work not to be there.

But the point of my suicide post is to bring understanding about a taboo subject in our society. I think it's tragic that it isn't talked about more. But then again, it's the taboo subjects that are always my favorite. Still, suicide hits home for me. And I know how much it hurts when society keeps it so "hush hush" when it needs to be talked about because it is a serious issue. So that's what I hoped to do with my post. To bring understanding and light to a commonly misunderstood subject. Some people got that and really appreciated it. Other people got a little too worried. But it's okay, I'm alright. I promise =]

No comments: